Book A QFI For Training Flight

Requests for QFI help can be booked here for either FTS or OCU.

Re: Book A QFI For Training Flight

Postby Neil Willis » 27 Jan 2018, 09:19

Here is a guide to wind correction entry...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... correction
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby conrex1 » 20 Feb 2018, 22:40

NAME : Conner Jackson
DATE OF BOOKING : 20/02/18

ONLINE FLIGHT or T/SPEAK ADVICE : Both

I NEED HELP WITH : 1st Flight
USEFUL INFO : Waiting for first flight check ride

DATES/TIMES AVAILABLE : 22/02/18 (13:00 on wards), 24/02/18 (1900 - 22:00)
conrex1

Postby Flyco » 21 Feb 2018, 14:07

Conner, I can be available tomorrow (22 Feb). I will be on TeamSpeak, from about 1330.

I presume you know how to log onto our TeamSpeak and have got your headset configured for using TeamSpeak. Let me know beforehand if you need any advice on this.

It would also be useful if you had DCS Simple Radio System downloaded (From the relevant topic in the ED Forum 'Mods' threads), and installed. We can then get that set up first.

I assume you are using the A-10C (If not let me know what aircraft you use). Also let me know what joystick/throttle/rudders etc you use.

I look forward to talking to you tomorrow. Come back to me on this Forum if there is anything else you need to know.
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby conrex1 » 21 Feb 2018, 23:49

Hi Alan,

Tomorrow at 1330 sounds perfect to me! I've got Teamspeak but not simple radio so I'll install that tomoz and let you know if I have any problems.

I can fly the A-10 and am proficient with the systems on board but I'm more of a Huey pilot myself. Love my helicopters and the Huey reminds me of the good old Chinook haha.

I'm using Saitek x55 HOTAS. That's it.

Cheers, Conner.

P.s: I have a meeting at 1200 and not sure how long it will take. Apologies If I'm running late in advance but I'll write on the forums 30 mins before If I am.
conrex1

Postby Flyco » 22 Feb 2018, 15:48

Well done Connor, you are fit to fly as formation member on the A-10C on squadron sorties.

At present, because we are in the middle of the change to 2.5, which has proven to require a better server, our range of missions, and aircraft, is limited. However I would hope that within 2 or 3 weeks we should have missions on-line with a wider variety, including the Huey. In the meantime, try and join us at 1930 on a Thur or Tues evenin for some A-10C time, and I will try and put a couple of Hueys in the mssion..
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 25 Mar 2018, 13:13

NAME :Richard "Mutley" Keast
DATE OF BOOKING : 25/03/18

ONLINE FLIGHT or T/SPEAK ADVICE :Both

I NEED HELP WITH :Instructors Digression (Neil )
USEFUL INFO :Now i have a stable system i would like to continue with my Training.

DATES/TIMES AVAILABLE : From 26/03/18 Mon At 11.00hrs thru to Fri 30th except weds. :D

Mutley Do something! :shock:
Pilot Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!Image
Griffin

Postby Neil Willis » 26 Mar 2018, 06:47

We can discuss the timing when I see you online for Tuesday's mission. I can't fit you in before then I am afraid.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby bigjon » 30 Apr 2018, 13:03

NAME : John Alsopp
DATE OF BOOKING : 30/04/2018

ONLINE FLIGHT or T/SPEAK ADVICE : Online initial flight. I have SRS & Teamspeak set-up.

I NEED HELP WITH : An initial check and clarification of the progression or training path.
USEFUL INFO : My main motivation is to be able to participate in squadron flights, therefore I want to get to the point where I'm competent enough to do so. I'm unsure on the required standards and training/progression path needed to achieve this aim. I have been flying the A-10C for some time but the Harrier has taken my attention for the last few months..

DATES/TIMES AVAILABLE : Usually, most evenings after 6:30PM (Tuesday, Wedsnesday or Thursday would be best this week).
Pilot Officer John Alsopp - RAFAir UK

bigjon

Postby Neil Willis » 01 May 2018, 08:30

Hi Bigjon,

As we will be flying operationally on Tuesday and Thursday nights, I suggest we hook up at 7:30 on Wednesday night. We can test teamspeak, SRS and I can give you a run down of what is required for logging in and participating in our missions.

We can also get the qualification flight completed, which is a straightforward circuit and landing in VFR and IFR conditions. Beyond that, we do most training on the fly at the present time. Any issues you have, any number of us can help you with, either on operations, or by arranging to hook up as we will for this initial flight.

Can you please confirm your availability? If you cannot make this appointment, we can step aside from the main operation, and apart from the check flight, complete the induction tonight at 7:00 hrs if that works for you?

Neil
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby bigjon » 02 May 2018, 08:01

That sounds great Neil. 1930 would suit me fine - I look forward to speaking to you then
Pilot Officer John Alsopp - RAFAir UK

bigjon

PreviousNext

Return to Training Flight Booking