Book A QFI For Training Flight

Requests for QFI help can be booked here for either FTS or OCU.

Re: Book A QFI For Training Flight

Postby Joe Whiskey » 02 Jan 2019, 13:55

NAME : Joe Whiskey

DATE OF BOOKING : Wednesday 2nd January 2019

ONLINE FLIGHT or T/SPEAK ADVICE : Online or Team Speak.

I NEED HELP WITH : Getting my wings... F-18 Hornet, use of: Radar, Weapons both A2G and A2A. Radios and Navigation.

USEFUL INFO : I consider myself a pretty good stick, good formation skills and real world (albeit out of date) RAF fast jet procedures. I just need assistance getting into the RAFAIR / DCS groove as it were.

DATES/TIMES AVAILABLE : Any dates and times are acceptable except 13:00 to 16:00 and again 18:00 to 20:00 weekdays, weekends I am available any time.

Many thanks in advance.
Pilot Officer - Joe "Crunch" Whiskey RAF Air UK

Image Image
Joe Whiskey

Postby Bonver12 » 04 Jan 2019, 18:57

A big thankyou to Paul, my QFI. Today he put through my IMC/IFR promotion exam to Pilot Officer, and I can now proudly wear my very narrow single stripe on my flying suit.
I found it quite a challenge, especially taxing to and from the runway.
Thanks again Paul. At least you were not sitting in the nav seat behind me.
Fly safe everyone. Weapons training here we come.

0309 Geoff.
Pilot Officer Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
Bonver12

Postby Thomas Loeffelmann » 25 Feb 2019, 18:06

NAME: Scorpion
DATE OF BOOKING: 25.02.2019

ONLINE FLIGHT or T/SPEAK ADVICE: Teamspeak, SRS

I NEED HELP WITH: F/A-18C ACM Guns 2 vs.1 Mutual Support
USEFUL INFO: Comm, Contract, Game Plan

DATES/TIMES AVAILABLE: 1900 Zulu Time every day
Pilot Officer Thomas Loeffelmann - RAFAIR [UK]
ImageImage
Thomas Loeffelmann

Postby Trav164 » 05 Mar 2019, 20:48

NAME :Mark Travis
DATE OF BOOKING :05/03/2019

ONLINE FLIGHT or T/SPEAK ADVICE :Online

I NEED HELP WITH :Mission readiness for Tuesdays missions with A10C identifying target groups and sending info, situational awareness tips.
USEFUL INFO :I flew my first mission on the 05/03/2019 with an A10C as part of a 2 ship and I wasn't much help. I wan't to be able to send info to other pilots instead of sitting in the pit thinking how do they know all this?

DATES/TIMES AVAILABLE :Wed 6th,Thurs 7th, anytime after 6pm until 10pm
Pilot Officer Mark Travis- RAFAir UK
Trav164

Postby Flyco » 06 Mar 2019, 11:16

I shall be around on Thursday evening, Trav.

I shouldn't get too hung up about SA and updating other pilots for the present. You need to get comfortable with basic handling, picking up targets and delivering weapons, by flying as the No2 of a pair first.

I noticed you off-loaded the GBU for CBUs last night. CBUs have their uses but I find the GBU more useful generally. Mavericks do allow you to carry more bangs for your bucks, but they can be difficult to use in the sort of terrain we were dealing with last night. In addition, that road has lamp-posts and the Mav really has a preference for those - I think if the real target passes behind a lamp-post as the Mav is tracking it the lamp-post hi-jacks it. On that road Mavs are best fired from the South, or directly along the road - all adding to the hassle.

I also find the GBU more predictable - you just need to be above the engagement height of any nearby SAM. You can also drop from level flight, rather than having to descend to fire Mav - again bringing you closer to SAM engagement height. I dropped all my bombs from 24-25,000 ft last night - I could see the Tunguska firing at me but they couldn't reach me - never give the sucker an even break..
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Training Flight Booking