show us your setup

Anything pilot related can be discussed here

Re: show us your setup

Postby Gaspode » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Neil Willis wrote:All the buttons are set up already. All you need to do is re-apply the push to talk/radio buttons in SRS and you're good to go.

I add the L/G silence button as the gear up/down button to save groping around for the gear lever or G key.

I could send my F/A-18C profile, but I use a different stick top on my setup, so it wouldn't be a lot of use to you I am afraid.

2T3A4186_1.JPG

My setup.

just had a quick look and it appears its auto set.
could you help me out with the srs tommorow night?
ps the 3 way switches dont appear to register the middle position, will they work ingame or is it a problem?
Pilot Officer John Burton RAF Air UK
Image Image
Gaspode

Postby Flyco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 am

John, re the 3-way switches. If it is those on the TM Warthog you are asking about, you will find that they do work OK for most aircraft, although it is worth cycling through them very early on in the mission just to let them catch up with where things are.

They also work correctly, to a degree, with most other aircraft. There are problems with some, where different module builder use them differently - for many of these there are various options in the 'Control set-up' page, but they do take a degree of trial and error to get them correct. Flaps are a notorious minefield.

As I say for the A-10C they generally work exactly as they should, particularly if you go through a proper start-up check list - for example in the A-10 you should cycle through the flap settings after starting engines - this allows the switch to align with the flap position. Similarly with the LASTE switch. Most of the others are not critical and I doubt if I use the FUEL NORMAL/OVERRIDE switch more than once a year.

In general the warthog works very well with the A-10C and most of the other modules.

If you later branch out into adding home-built controllers, you may find it less straight forward, and I have moded several .lua files to cater for some of mine.
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 am

Flyco wrote:John, re the 3-way switches. If it is those on the TM Warthog you are asking about, you will find that they do work OK for most aircraft, although it is worth cycling through them very early on in the mission just to let them catch up with where things are.

They also work correctly, to a degree, with most other aircraft. There are problems with some, where different module builder use them differently - for many of these there are various options in the 'Control set-up' page, but they do take a degree of trial and error to get them correct. Flaps are a notorious minefield.

As I say for the A-10C they generally work exactly as they should, particularly if you go through a proper start-up check list - for example in the A-10 you should cycle through the flap settings after starting engines - this allows the switch to align with the flap position. Similarly with the LASTE switch. Most of the others are not critical and I doubt if I use the FUEL NORMAL/OVERRIDE switch more than once a year.

In general the warthog works very well with the A-10C and most of the other modules.

If you later branch out into adding home-built controllers, you may find it less straight forward, and I have moded several .lua files to cater for some of mine.

Thanks for the info, I had 5 mins testing earlier(and crashed for the 1st time lol)
Ive noticed cycling the toggles and 3 ways aligns them ingame too,
Gotta relearn all the controls now! If bound the gear to the warning button too.
Also realised I can use the defend to start the engines, I was using keyboard shortcuts before
Image Image
Gaspode

Postby Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am

where did you get the warthog ?
Flying Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!
Griffin

Postby Flyco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 am

Shot of my 'Office' is attached. Helios is used to display most of the cockpit instruments, with a 40" UHD monitor above. It usually runs at 30-37 fps on moderate settings, with a GTX 980 card and a 4.0 Ghz CPU.

Many of the home-built, hard-wired panels that can be seen have fallen into dis-use since ED (and/or) Microsoft changed some of their coding so that USB devices randomly re-initialise at intervals. As a result, ON switches are switched to OFF and then back to ON several times during a couple of milliseconds. Lots of complaints from various DCS users in the Forum, but so far ED have not even acknowledged them!

I should re-do some of them, but I can no longer remember how they work!!
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:30 am

See! I didn't even remember to add the picture.
Attachments
Flyco's Office.jpg
Flyco's Office.jpg (98.5 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 am

Flyco wrote:See! I didn't even remember to add the picture.

OMG wow if only one could afford such toys. No not posting my rig
Flying Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!
Griffin

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Flyco wrote:See! I didn't even remember to add the picture.

Do you use track ir/vr? If so when you look around does the bottom screen showing the instruments does that stay pinned or it does it float around?
Image Image
Gaspode

Postby Flyco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 pm

I use Track IR. The lower (Helios) screen stays static, with the instrument and controls exactly as you see them in the photograph. Just the top screen moves in response to my head movement.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Flyco wrote:I use Track IR. The lower (Helios) screen stays static, with the instrument and controls exactly as you see them in the photograph. Just the top screen moves in response to my head movement.

That's very useful!
Image Image
Gaspode

PreviousNext

Return to General Pilot Chat