Joint Training NIghts Mission

Details Of Online Flight Nights

Joint Training NIghts Mission

Postby Flyco » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:37 am

I am trying to put together a combined training night sortie. My intention is to include a number of separate packages, utilising flights of up to 4 of the most popular aircraft. Mainly to be used for refreshing and bringing on new members.

So far I have 4 F/A-18s operating off the Stennis Carrier Group, with a ABD- equippped KC 135. There will also be a CAP with pairs of inbound Russian fighter-bomber, to practice basic radar and interception techniques with. So far it looks to work quite well, but I also want to incorporate the ‘Paddles’ element. Can someone let me have the detail?

I also plan to put in another airfield- base F/A-18 flight for Air to Ground work, two A-10 flights, a Huey task, and one or two AV-B flights. I will consider other aircraft types if there is sufficient call for them.

Please let me know what you would like to see. I don’t want to fill it up with too many niche aircraft. So will only include them if there is a genuine call for them by more than 2or 3 members - together with an example of the type of scenario required.

I emphasise that this is not to replace the Generic Mission, or the Tuesday ‘operational’ missions, but is for restricted use, under the normal password for regular training sessions - probably, but not necessarily, on Thursdays, when we often do not have the numbers to mount a normal mission.

Views (and helpers to assist in testing these elements) are welcome.
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Joint Training NIghts Mission

Postby Galm99 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Sounds like a great idea Alan,

One observation as of the other day it seems the KC135 with the basket dies not seem to work it never lets you conect, so might be better to have a KC130 for the F/A-18C and AV8B's for the time being.

More than welcome to help in anyway.
Flight Lieutenant Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImage
Galm99
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm

OK, I did try refuelling from the BDA, but never got near enough to connecting to spot that problem.
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Loeffelmann » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 pm

The KC-130 don't have enough fuel to refuel 2 ship ore 4 ship F/A-18C or you have a couple of KC-130 on the station. Better is to have the IL-78M UK or Canadian livery fly around.

Or you can set up KC-130 with unlimited fuel?

Regards
Tango Lima/Scorpion
Pilot Officer Thomas Loeffelmann - RAFAIR [UK]
ImageImage
Thomas Loeffelmann

Return to Squadron Flights