Heli Missions please

Anything pilot related can be discussed here

Heli Missions please

Postby rifraf105 » 07 Sep 2018, 20:08

Is it possible for the server to have more Heli missions and choppers at other airfields? It takes hours just to fly to the air to ground area!
Iv got the new peds and made a collective and would really like to play some missions with others online.

Thanks guys
PILOT OFFICER Trevor (rifraf) Richardson - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage
rifraf105

Re: Heli Missions please

Postby fly_george » 08 Sep 2018, 12:38

I need to do a test on my new internet but i have a mission to run for 4 people involving 2 hueys
'paddles contact'
fly_george

Postby rifraf105 » 08 Sep 2018, 13:22

Really want to, really like the gazelle so if you can put that in too.... really want to get on it now i have the pit sorted.
ImageImageImage
rifraf105

Postby Flyco » 08 Sep 2018, 14:09

I have a multi-type mission on the drawing board, involving up to 2 Gazelles and 2 Hueys to extract three SAS from over the mountains, supported by up to 4 A-10s And some F-18s to keep off the enemy ground and air forces.

Taking a bit of time to integrate the different elements, but the choppers are ready to go. The route is about 1hr in total, with high mountains up to 8000 ft and low fuel. I can let you have the route to fly as a SP if you want, without the bad guys.
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby rifraf105 » 08 Sep 2018, 14:20

Yes please, awesome Thanks
ImageImageImage
rifraf105

Postby fly_george » 08 Sep 2018, 18:05

adding helis to missions is really simple tbh, it easier than adding air to air sections, the main issue is that i dont own the gazelle or mi-8 so its hard for me to test and build till i can buy them
'paddles contact'
fly_george

Postby rifraf105 » 08 Sep 2018, 20:45

Well worth the buy, as i think the multi crew works now but not had anyone to test it with
ImageImageImage
rifraf105

Postby Flyco » 09 Sep 2018, 08:54

George is right, in that it is relatively simple to put RW in almost any scenario. The difficulty is involving them with the other members flying in the same mission in a realistic and interesting way.

The more different types, the greater the integration, otherwise you end up with 3 or 4 entirely independent groups flying in the same scenario but never interacting, or interacting in the wrong way. This is compounded by the difficulty of preventing any AI opposition from going after the wrong target. In Khashuri Gap for example, I had great difficulty stopping the Su-25s from dumping their air to ground weaponry and going after the AWACS and Tanker.

In the SAS Pick-up Mission, I had to site the SAMs where they couldn’t easily take out the RW aircraft a as they crossed the border. Even so they will take a shot at them if the RW get a little high.

I will put this mission, together with an outline brief, in the Missions thread next week. Let me know how you get on and whether you can see any improvements I might make. When completed, I hope it will have enemy mobile ground forces blocking the RW route and enemy AD fighters trying to shoot them down, which is where the A-10s, FA-18s and Harriers come in.
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby fly_george » 09 Sep 2018, 14:51

using a search and engage enroute task option on enemy cas will stop them attempting to engage enemy aircraft, however making a mission that keeps the ground pounders and helos happy at the same time is hard, my usual way of doing it i have the ground pounders engage initial air defense and the have the helos drop units off and orbit while the ground pounders stop reinforcements coming from down roads. the problem i have is usually one of the groups is sat around in a holding pattern, the issue is a lot of joint operations are not as thrilling as we would like it to be, waiting for a go word is unfortunately quite dull and as we dont have a suitable attack helicopter like an Apache we are limited in the helo front
'paddles contact'
fly_george

Postby fly_george » 09 Sep 2018, 14:52

and i think ill buy the gazelle next week ive been having a lot of fun in the huey recently but would love to try those hot 3's
'paddles contact'
fly_george

Next

Return to General Pilot Chat