Mission planner

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS

Mission planner

Postby fly_george » 13 Sep 2018, 05:09

Don't know if anyone's seen this or had a go with it but it looks like it could be handy tool for full map briefings, and a quick update my internet is really bad ATM but should be up by next Thursday for a fly
https://www.combatflite.com/
'paddles contact'
fly_george

Re: Mission planner

Postby Paul Gillon » 23 Nov 2018, 23:43

I'm currently working with Combat Flite and can report that I think it could be real game changer for mission making and Briefings.

This evening I gave Matt and Ade a very quick run through on some of the tools that it provides - them both sharing the same view on how this could be of benefit to us.
Flight Lieutenant Paul Gillon -RAFAir UK

Paul Gillon
Site Admin

Postby Leysard » 24 Nov 2018, 06:43

Curiosity

Have you tried it with a mission containing LSO script and sounds ?
Pilot Officer Leysard (Nick Brigden) - RAFAir UK
Leysard

Postby Paul Gillon » 24 Nov 2018, 09:16

I've not tried it yet but you can import back into the editor and so you can basically flip between the two- You may have to tweak some naming along the road but I've not heard of any conflicts so far.
Flight Lieutenant Paul Gillon -RAFAir UK

Paul Gillon
Site Admin

Postby Galm99 » 24 Nov 2018, 12:52

A brilliant tool, I have attached an example kneeboard for the badgers strike missions, this tool is great|!

If you open the .CF file within combatflite you will see in the top right corner it has a drop down titled mission with the date and time, within there you can use the check boxes to pick which flight you are going to be a part of to remove any unwanted traces from the map or have them all if you so wish. all of the kneeboard information is generated from with file you choose to import along with all weather information also generated that corresponds to that specific mission.

Obviously for a squadron operation I would not show the positions of every red force unit, I have merely done so on here to show how extensive this software is!

Honey Badger CF Kneeboard.pdf
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 56 times

Honey Badger CF Kneeboard And Example.zip
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Wing Commander Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImage
Galm99
Site Admin

Return to Mission Planning