Bankler's Case 1 Recovery Trainer v02-02

Bankler's Case 1 Recovery Trainer v02-02

Postby Flyco » 10 Dec 2018, 20:45

Neil et al. I have downloaded and tested Bankler's updated training sortie (See Post title), and I am very impressed. I would strongly recommend it over the Alerax one, in that it gives an excellent summary and is not at all temperamental in operation. I have included a print out of the de-briefing screen which appears about 5-10 secs after you stop on landing.

I particularly liked that it gave me some excellent (but thoroughly well deserved) scores and de-briefs. As you will see the de-brief is very comprehensive, and it also gives a short summary at the start of the downwind leg. It worked perfectly for all 4 of my approaches, and is easily reset by departing and doing a new run-in and break. It won't reset if you stay in the circuit, and it doesn't provide the Marshal stack. However, I have found Alerax's inconsistency very aggravating. It will also handle 20 F-18s. All 4 circuits took a total of just 34 minutes, including the re-joins.

I will try and re-work my combined mission to use the Bankler and we can compare the two. In the meantime, I do recommend it for individual practice particularly in its clear itemisation of shortcomings during the whole of the circuit.

EDIT: Replaced over-large picture with the relevant section of it.
Attachments
Bankler's Summary.png
Bankler's Summary.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 173 times
Squadron Leader Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Bankler's Case 1 Recovery Trainer v02-02

Postby Neil Willis » 11 Dec 2018, 07:38

Can it be incorporated into our missions? If so, we could make tonight a carrier operations session perhaps?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » 11 Dec 2018, 10:02

Not sure. I would need to look at the programming. Not possible for tonight I’m afraid.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Neil Willis » 11 Dec 2018, 11:26

Understood.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » 11 Dec 2018, 11:54

Have taken a good look at the innards of the Bankler mission. It is fairly complex, making use of Moose and other .lua's. Hence it will be easier for me to build a new mission on the Bankler template. I think I may be able to tack Alerax's Marshal onto it, and letting the Bankler take over at the 350 kt run in for the break.

I will make a start on that, using F-18s and A-10s in the Grd Attack roles, F-18s in CAP AD roles, and a couple of Gazelle/Hueys in close support roles. As before, I will try and use triggers to adjust the Red strength to what we have airborne.

I will let you know a likely ready date, once I've put some stuff on the map.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Neil Willis » 11 Dec 2018, 12:09

Would it not be simpler to add our mission around the Bankler mission?

I haven't checked the boat's location, but if it is placed suitably it should be workable as a base for a combat element added in.

I suspect the reason it is more reliable is due to it having a much simpler ambition. Alerax's one does need a lot more work, but it does far more, so there is far more that can go wrong.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Return to F/A-18C Hornet