Server Stuck on Generic IFR Tr Mission

Re: Server Stuck on Generic IFR Tr Mission

Postby Flyco » 17 Apr 2019, 14:47

No problem Matt. I printed out the logs and identified the probable problem as you entered. Since you seemed to be heading in the same direction, I left it to you.

Does the chat appear over the page, or do you have to specifically select it? I have also found that my No2 PC, despite being on Windows 7 and around 10 years old, will also support a server - not sure how fats it would be - but it gives me a Ping of around 5-7 ms! Useful to know if the main server goes down at some stage.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Galm99 » 17 Apr 2019, 14:58

I think the chat appears over the page to be fair, and yes definitely at bare minimum I'm sure it would be fine to use as a backup anytime.
Wing Commander Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImage
Galm99
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » 18 Apr 2019, 20:11

couple of odd issues,
1 i appeared to be spiking buddies despite being in stt on something else. is that a real thing or is it a glitch?
2 me and alan both landed at teh same carrier at basically the same time and yet we never once saw each other. i got server messeges saying me and alan both landed but we didnt appear on each others pc.

i did get my 1st kill so yay me lol
Pilot Officer John Burton RAF Air UK
Image Image
Gaspode

Postby Flyco » 18 Apr 2019, 20:40

I got dumped from the server about 5 minutes before I landed.

Have checked and I can't get the Server running again.

Will look again tomorrow afternoon unless someone fixes it before then.

I suspect there was an interloper 'alastor' on the server just before it kicked me off.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » 18 Apr 2019, 22:08

Flyco wrote:I got dumped from the server about 5 minutes before I landed.

Have checked and I can't get the Server running again.

Will look again tomorrow afternoon unless someone fixes it before then.

I suspect there was an interloper 'alastor' on the server just before it kicked me off.

Yeh he was on the server and teamspeak too. Playing stupid noises.
We need to change the passwords guys before something really bad happens. We know we have a breach
Image Image
Gaspode

Postby Flyco » 19 Apr 2019, 06:56

There was no password set. Since it was. Running, I decided not to re-start or.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 19 Apr 2019, 08:16

now do you belive me
Pilot Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!Image
Griffin

Postby Galm99 » 19 Apr 2019, 08:56

Gaspode wrote:couple of odd issues,
1 i appeared to be spiking buddies despite being in stt on something else. is that a real thing or is it a glitch?
2 me and alan both landed at teh same carrier at basically the same time and yet we never once saw each other. i got server messeges saying me and alan both landed but we didnt appear on each others pc.

1: this is sadly not sever related, so I'm not too sure how to fix it lol

2: If someone disconnects or times out it can take awhile to reflect on other players PCs from my experience, I'm guessing this is what you witnessed.

And Mutley, if someone joins in unpassword protected servers or team speak channels that doesn't mean we've been hacked :lol:

The thing you need to remember it is a public team speak server, we publicize the address on the server, therefore anyone can theoretically join, sadly from time to time you may get idiots on there, all we can do is remove them from the server or if needed ban them. But the only way to stop this would be to password the entire team speak but also removing any genuinely interested parties from getting involved with RAFAIR UK.

EDIT: Server is up and running, I have restarted it also.
Wing Commander Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImage
Galm99
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » 19 Apr 2019, 09:52

I have to agree with Matt. The reason that someone got on the server last night was that I didn’t password it. I have his (or her) name and will ban them, but they were not ‘hacking’ but simply joining an unprotected server and mucking around - a harmless, if aggravating, idiot rather than a genuine ‘hacker’. The password for access to the working of the server is an entirely different one. That said, there is an argument for regularly changing both our passwords - the one used for ordinary members to join and fly, and the one use to give access to the server’s workings.

All that apart, there does appear to be a weakness with our server set-up or the DCS dedicated server program, in that it seems to be reluctant to start afresh with a new mission. I will see if anyone on the forums can suggest a reason or a cure, but I have not seen anything like it mentioned before. The program had been running for quite a while before we joined, and it may be that there was a build-up of extraneous ‘crap’ (to use a non-technical term) - not uncommon with computers - which is why it is good practice to shut them down and re-start them at regular intervals.

I don’t think the interloper was related to the drop-out last night. I dropped off the server about 5 mins after he joined. It has always been the case that we can all think we are still on the server, when we are simply using our own computer and talking on SRS. It is often only when you try to TacView that this becomes apparent.

I suspect it is something we are going to have to live with.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » 19 Apr 2019, 11:16

I sAw the guy in the server but I never noticed him apart from a messege telling me he trapped so if nothing else he's competent lol
Image Image
Gaspode

PreviousNext

Return to Dedicated Flight Server