Helios - looking for some help to set it up

Anything pilot related can be discussed here

Re: Helios - looking for some help to set it up

Postby Flyco » 02 May 2019, 16:58

Sharpe, I have taken a look at Helios 1.4, and I am inclined to think that would be the best one for you to install. I have downloaded it, and it installed relatively easily on my No 2 PC. Still got some problems with exporting the displays, but I am sure I can sort that out.

It also has the advantage that there is a good crowd supporting and using it - including Capt Zeen, who is a prolific producer of Helios profiles.

I am afraid I am not free on Sunday evening, but I could be available for a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon. Let me know if that is OK.

I will have some patches for you to install by then, which should make the installation a little easier and quicker.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Sharpe » 05 May 2019, 08:08

Hi Flyco,
Thanks for investigating for me.

Sadly I have my parents over today for the old man's birthday so this afternoon will not be good for me :/

How about Monday some time after 1200 or one evening next week?

- Sharpe
Sharpe

Postby Sharpe » 05 May 2019, 18:00

Hey Flyco,
So i have downloaded Helios 1.4 and the latest FA18c profile from Capt.Zeen.

I have (I THINK[u][i][b][/u][/i][/b] followed the instrucitons properly for set up.

However (and this is where i got to when I gave up with helios last time) none of the analogue dials are registering input from the game nor are any of the helios switches having any in game effect.

I have also tried 'adding DCS as an interface' in a new (blank) profile before copying over the new FA18c profile - no joy.

This is where i think I may need what will be (I hope) just a few minutes with you to tick some box somewhere or change some line somewhere or something similar.

Hoping you can help? - Let me know if you can make tomorrow or some time in the week.

Regards,
Sharpe
Sharpe

Postby Flyco » 05 May 2019, 18:37

OK, I should be around tomorrow afternoon. I have successfully set up 1.4 on my old Windows 7 PC, so we can compare set-ups and see if we can find the problem
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » 05 May 2019, 19:22

Sharpe, I have attached a fairly readable Helios Guide, which you may not have seen. I printed out a copy several years ago, and I repeatedly refer to it when I am stuck. It is old, and basically covers Ver 1.3, but from what I can see Ver 1.4 is not fundamentally different.

There are gaps and makes assumptions about the readers knowledge in places, but as I say, I found it very good background. You might be able to pick up where the lack of connection is. I also picked up from it how to modify profiles to put on change various controls. Unfortunately, the addition of extra displays etc is beyond my artistic reach.

In the meantime make sure that you have installed the latest Export files from Capt Zeen - these provide the interface between Helios and DCS, and so are possibly the source of your non-interaction.
Basically, your 'Saved Games\Scripts\ folder should contain the following:
- Folder 'Helios', containing 'HeliosCore.lua' and 'HeliosExport.lua'
- Folder 'Hooks', containing SRS and Tacview links etc (if you have them installed)
- and a file 'export.lua
- (Also some SRS and Tacview files)

Talk to you some time around 1400 tomorrow on TS, all being well.
Attachments
Helios Release 1 Users Manual (1).pdf
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Sharpe » 05 May 2019, 20:11

Bless you Flyco!

I shall attempt to resolve tomorrow but will see you tomorrow at 1400 as I fear my ability to resolve these kind of things normally results in failure :(

- Sharpe
Sharpe

Previous

Return to General Pilot Chat