Tuesday 4th June 2019

Details Of Online Flight Nights

Tuesday 4th June 2019

Postby Neil Willis » 02 Jun 2019, 11:21

Tonights mission will be a rerun of Op Deep Valley. An opportunity to do better.

Pre-flight briefing - 19:30 hrs Alpha.

Take off - To be coordinated with the mission commander - DO NOT TAKE OFF WITHOUT PRIOR CLEARANCE.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 4th June 2019

Postby Flyco » 03 Jun 2019, 07:38

I have re-vamped Deep Valley, and reduced the number of JTACs to 2, to try and get around their intermittent responses.

This means that the F-18s and the A-10s use the same JTACs. To ease the congestion, The F-18s will launch first and route in to the target area at low level via the same valley as the A-10s use. They will enter LL 10 minutes before the A-10s, and, if they have not knocked out the Tunguskas by the time the A-10s arrive, the A-10s will remain in their planned hold 10 nm short of the target until the F-18s have finished. The F-18s will need to advise the A-10s when they have finished and what AD targets remain (if any). The F-18s will then move to CAP and/or SAM6/3 killing.

The F-14s will also delay t/o by 10 minutes or so, so as not to trigger the early arrival of the Red fighters.

More details will follow and be covered at the pre-flt brief and on the knee pad briefing cards.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Bonver12 » 03 Jun 2019, 10:15

This revised brief will, in my opinion, greatly improve the chances of success.
Sorry, will not be able to parcipitate. Posting this from Hurghada, Egypt.
Fly safe.
Pilot Officer Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImage
Bonver12

Postby Flyco » 04 Jun 2019, 10:44

The revised Op Deep Valley is now ready for use (I hope).

The only significant changes are to the Enfield (F-18) element. However, I have set take-off times to allow Enfield to get on target before we excite the incoming Red aircraft. Please note the revised take off times based on the nominal Enfield T/O of 0710.

A Common Pre-flt Brief, a detailed brief for Enfield, and the 3 revised In-Flt Kneeboard briefs, for the 3 ac types are attached below. The latter 3 will also be available on the ac Kneeboard in flight. Please try and read through the Common brief before tonight.

The major changes are the reduction of JTACS to 2 and Enfield's transit to target at low-level. The JTACS are used in turn by both Enfield and the A-10s, hence to need to delay the A-10 departure. The A-10s will also need to hold off in their appointed holds until the JTAC becomes free. Enfield will also need to advise the A-10s when they have finished their attacks on the Tunguskas and Shilkas.

I will give a comprehensive brief before flight this evening, starting at 1935. Please try to be on time.
Attachments
Op Deep Valley V2 Common Pre-Flt Brf.pdf
(752.48 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Op Deep Valley V2 Enfield Pre-Flt Brf.pdf
(606.02 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Enfield Kneeboard Brief.pdf
(774.89 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
A-10C Kneeboard Brief.pdf
(586.82 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Uzi Kneeboard Brief.pdf
(764.14 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 04 Jun 2019, 11:56

Uzi Lead copies all
Pilot Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!Image
Griffin

Postby Flyco » 04 Jun 2019, 15:58

Revised Op Deep Valley is in the Dropbox\2.5 Missions\Flycos Op Deep Valley\Flyco Op Deep Valley V2.1.miz
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » 05 Jun 2019, 07:49

Still a bit below par last night, I thought - although we (and especially Mutley) were outnumbered.

Not quite sure what happened to Enfield. I would not like to hint at cold feet, but they did seem reluctant to enter the valley - I could not help but contrast it with the stirring epic …. "Onward in to the valley of death rode the etc, etc …." I presume that there was problem with contacting the JTAC?

Paul and I had just knocked out the Tunguskas when we were beset by a Mig-29. Luckily it spotted Paul first, and so I ran away through the hills to the south, at around 100 ft agl. The buggar then chased me and got to within about a mile and a half on my tail, until he went home - I presume out of fuel since I was a sitter.

All ended happily for the A-10s however, since I found a Huey and went and picked Paul up. Strangely, he could see the Huey, and even got into it when I opened the back door, but he was invisible to me. Ah, the vagaries of DCS.

Seriously, can someone let me know what happened about the F-18s and the JTACs, so I can try and mend it.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 05 Jun 2019, 08:06

Flyco wrote:Still a bit below par last night, I thought - although we (and especially Mutley) were outnumbered.

Not quite sure what happened to Enfield. I would not like to hint at cold feet, but they did seem reluctant to enter the valley - I could not help but contrast it with the stirring epic …. "Onward in to the valley of death rode the etc, etc …." I presume that there was problem with contacting the JTAC?

Paul and I had just knocked out the Tunguskas when we were beset by a Mig-29. Luckily it spotted Paul first, and so I ran away through the hills to the south, at around 100 ft agl. The buggar then chased me and got to within about a mile and a half on my tail, until he went home - I presume out of fuel since I was a sitter.

All ended happily for the A-10s however, since I found a Huey and went and picked Paul up. Strangely, he could see the Huey, and even got into it when I opened the back door, but he was invisible to me. Ah, the vagaries of DCS.

Seriously, can someone let me know what happened about the F-18s and the JTACs, so I can try and mend it.

i did try to suround them old boy but one just could not heard them up
Image Image

Griffin

Postby dragon13 » 05 Jun 2019, 08:36

Mutley, it's Herd, not heard, sorry spelling police again.
Wing Commander Paul "Dragon" Ratcliffe - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image
dragon13
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 05 Jun 2019, 10:27

dragon13 wrote:Mutley, it's Herd, not heard, sorry spelling police again.

Matter do it ? Alan dont read to good to how lol
Image Image

Griffin

Next

Return to Squadron Flights