Thursday 6th June 1944

Details Of Online Flight Nights

Thursday 6th June 1944

Postby Neil Willis » 02 Jun 2019, 11:23

Tonight's mission will be a mixed dogfight mission based on the Normandy theatre of operations. If everyone is able to use the Normandy map, we will base it there. If there is a need, it can, however, be flown on the Caucasus map.

Both allied and axis forces will be available.

This sortie is to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Operation Overlord.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 6th June 1944

Postby Gaspode » 02 Jun 2019, 17:55

If I can afford it il buy the map and the spitfire. Then crash course on flying it lol
Pilot Officer John Burton RAF Air UK
Image Image
Gaspode

Postby Neil Willis » 03 Jun 2019, 07:30

With the emphasis on crash if it is your first tail dragger John. Take off at half throttle to make it easier initially. The torque and gyroscopic effects can be vicious!
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 04 Jun 2019, 08:59

I cant attend this as dont have Map or Airframes dont have the means to purchase either
Pilot Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!Image
Griffin

Postby Neil Willis » 04 Jun 2019, 09:32

Sorry to hear that Mutley. Maybe you can get someone to join you on an alternative training mission instead? I am sure you understand why we want to mark such a significant date.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » 04 Jun 2019, 10:16

Neil Willis wrote:Sorry to hear that Mutley. Maybe you can get someone to join you on an alternative training mission instead? I am sure you understand why we want to mark such a significant date.

Oh most def i do.Many Flight sim Groups will also take to the air especally IL2 comunitty.

Infact many of my old Mukkas are at Pegaus Bridge this week Seeing that it Is An 2nd Battlion Ox n Bucks Light Infantry Battle Honour and Not any thing to do with Cherry Berets.

Richard Todd who Played Captain Howard in the flim was only one to wear the correct beret seeing as he was there in real life as a private .
I was one of the last Crow to do a 3,000 ft Static Line Drop In trianing. Few hrs Ground trainiing then striaght up. Sadly not done today.

Up the red Rooster More Beer ! Up The Light Infantry

I would pilot a Glider if poss HA HA HA
Last edited by Griffin on 04 Jun 2019, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Pilot Officer Richard "Mutley" Keast RAF AIR UK
Image Image

Mutley Do Something!Image
Griffin

Postby Neil Willis » 05 Jun 2019, 10:06

I don't recall anyone suggesting the Pegasus bridge operation involved the Parachute regiment Mutley. Please bear in mind that the D-Day anniversary is to mark all operations on that day, and in the weeks afterwards too. The disparaging remarks regarding other troops involved is both disrespectful, and unprovoked. Please try to be a little more diplomatic when commenting about historic events.
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Postby Neil Willis » 06 Jun 2019, 13:20

The server has been updated to v2.5.5.31917, and in order to join tonight's mission, it will be essential to update your DCS World Open beta to this version. It is a large update, so allow ample time to complete the task before joining. You will be up against the latest addition to the DCS Stable, the Fw-190 A8. I have been practicing for a while :) ;)
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Return to Squadron Flights