Tuesday 11th June 2019

Details Of Online Flight Nights

Tuesday 11th June 2019

Postby Neil Willis » 09 Jun 2019, 20:22

Tonight's mission - unless otherwise notified - will be a re-run of the Op Deep Vallet mission.

Pre-flight briefing - 19:30 hrs Alpha.

Take off - 20:00 hrs Alpha.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 11th June 2019

Postby Flyco » 10 Jun 2019, 09:49

Unless anyone has any objections, I would like to fly Enfield Lead on this sortie, to try and work out if the JATAC is working as it should.

We could do with a few extra flying A-10s if possible and at least 2 or 3 flying F-18s.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby Richard Rodgers » 10 Jun 2019, 21:02

will be there in A-10
Air Commodore Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image
Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby dragon13 » 11 Jun 2019, 05:35

A-10 plz.
Wing Commander Paul "Dragon" Ratcliffe - RAF Air UK

dragon13
Site Admin

Postby pikemanmark » 11 Jun 2019, 13:06

A10-C please
Pilot Officer Mark Howard - RAFAir UK
Image Image
pikemanmark

Postby Roon » 11 Jun 2019, 17:26

I'm currently internet embarassed with only 9kb/s so far today. I may turn up but likely to get the boot shortly after... :oops:
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image
Roon
Site Admin

Postby pikemanmark » 11 Jun 2019, 20:37

thanks for a great evening I was very rusty but all went well thank you to Paul for help on CDU which for the first time I got and it worked a treat with the shilka right under the mark point. 1 mav 1 hit YIPPEEEE thanks all
Pilot Officer Mark Howard - RAFAir UK
Image Image
pikemanmark

Postby Flyco » 11 Jun 2019, 20:50

That went well!! First let me apologising for my very slow start. I got airborne and then spent the next 15 minutes switching on and setting up what I had not had time to do before take-off.

Eventually, the LL seemed to go OK, but I suspect it was better seen from the front than from behind me!

I really thought the JTAC was going to behave - it all went to plan until I pickled. JTAC acknowledged both my 'Laser On' calls but that was it. Unfortunately, because we were not in our usual Server, I have no TacView playback to check where the bombs went, and JTAC was clearly not going to tell me. I took out at least one Tunguska with a Harm, but the other switched off just after I launched, and I saw no report of a hit. I understand that the second JTAC was totally unforthcoming. How did they get on with the A-10s Paul?

I presume that tanker had the new 'Vortices' option enabled - not seen that before, and I didn't like it! Eventually, I went to Kutaisi to refuel and load some fresh Harms, but the server 'went down' before I could get airborne again

There do seem to be a lot of niggles with DCS at the moment, with a lot of the old, faithful systems getting screwed up. I don't remember us having all these JTAC and ATC glitches a couple of years ago. I can't even fly the P-51, the Bf-109, or the Fw-190 at the moment - since the last update they all refuse to recognise that the ground is solid. If you start up on the pan you just fall straight through it into the sea a couple of hundred feet below.

Ah well! see you all next time. However, Neil, I do think we need to take my Op Deep Valley off the table until the system gets a bit more reliable.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Postby dragon13 » 12 Jun 2019, 03:06

Hi Alan,

JTAC Finger, seemed to be behaving, he gave me a total of 4 targets and his co-ordinates were bang on, myself and Mark used Maverick's to destroy these targets, so no laser's were needed, Unfortunately, we were given co-ordinates for a group of tanks, but got kicked from server before inputting them into CDU, so didn't get to play with our GBU's, so no "Laser On" calls were tested.
Wing Commander Paul "Dragon" Ratcliffe - RAF Air UK

dragon13
Site Admin

Postby Flyco » 12 Jun 2019, 07:46

Thanks Paul. I cannot work out what it is that is screwing this program up. As I say, it works perfectly on my PC with either a single A-10 or a single F-18.

I will load it to the RAFAir server (when it is quiet, and if I can get that server to respond), and try running it with a single ac there, before inviting others to join, one at a time..

Finally, I will continue to try to install a dedicated server on my old PC. However, so far I cannot get past the inability to open port 8080.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who gave it a go last night - sorry it didn’t work out. Never mind, “Per Ardua ad Astra”.
Image Image Image Image
Flyco
Site Admin

Next

Return to Squadron Flights